Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:35:24 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Ladies this case has certainly had me working but I wanted to give you the update. This mom at the beginning had an over supply and baby was hurting mom's nipples. Blebs, mastitis and plug ducts have all been part of her breastfeeding history for the last 7 months. This baby has a poor latch I believe in part from the over supply that did get corrected. The latch never improved.  This baby is not enjoying nursing. Mom is not enjoying nursing. The baby pulls off and on and twists the nipple. ouch. she only nurses for about 5 minutes on each side if mom is lucky and mom is fighting her the whole time to nurse. This nipple is white and purple after a feed as well as wedged. Babies tongue is fine. No TT. No over supply issues currently. Moms supply is decreasing but not at an alarming rate. Upon examination of the breasts it appears to have some dermatitis going on and around her areola is swollen. Mom said that is not part of her normal anatomy. Mom is going to follow up with a breastfeeding friendly dermatologist and go from there. I have given her comfort measures to try in the meantime with the possible vasospasm caused by 7 months of constant trauma. And see what the dermatologist can do. Thank you all for helping and guiding this breastfeeding experience.  

Julie

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2