From:
janine smallman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:03:16 -0500
 she seemed to have a bit of a yeasty
>diaper rash (not altogether unusual for her)
 my daughter came down
>with what seemed like a cold - fever, runny nose, loss of appetite,
>crankiness.
they found no real signs of a yeast infection,
>but multiple open sores on her mouth and gums.
 I've
>also gained an odd little swelling on my lip (cut, whitish either
>side) that seems to match one she has.  Also, since this illness, her
>breath is no longer baby-fresh, smells a bit like raw meat. (Blood?)
>
>Any ideas/advice?
>
>In desperation,
>
>-Nancy

Hi, I don't know if this will help but it sounds to me as if you and your
daughter have Hand Foot and Mouth Disease, another name for it is Coxackie
Virus.

My 1yo and I caught this virus about a month ago from the little girl I
sometimes look after.

The children were grumpy and wouldn't eat and has sores in their mouth.
They also had a few small blisters on the insides of their hands, and
diaper rash. My son had a rash on his torso also. I had sores in my mouth
and burning during urination.

 Please suggest this virus to your Doctor so they will not keep giving you
unnessary medication. Or maybe some of the proffessiuonals from this list
could give you more information about this,

I am not a doctor but your symptoms sounded so familiar I thought I'd
better let you know what we just experienced with this virus.

I hope this helps.

Janine Smallman