From:
SusanDebra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:08:29 EST
I am a BF Coordinator at a Upstate NY WIC clinic.  Today I met a young mom of
a one month old baby.  The baby was born at 5# 6oz and was 8# 1oz today.  Mom
is exclusively BF.  Doing great!  The problem is mom has MS.  Her health care
providers have not been able to give her much information on MS and pregnancy
and lactation.  The only advise she has recieved is to discontinue her
medication - Avonex.  I checked Dr. Hales must recent edition and it is not
listed.  If anyone has any information on this drug or has dealt with MS and
BF please let me know.  This mom is seeking information and support.
Thanks, Susan D. Niedzielski, CDN, IBCLC from Holland Patent NY