From:
Carol Schlef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:24:01 -0600
I don't know if the Loyd-B is available as a breastpump anymore, but I
know what it's being used as currently! I had a star-shaped crack in my
windshield last year, & had one of those on-the-spot companies come
repair it in my driveway. Well, the procedure is to place epoxy on one
side of the glass, and suck it through to the other side, to stabilize
the crack & minimize its appearance.

Guess what they used to suck the glue through the crack?! You guessed
it, the SAME PUMP, with a soft suction cup instead of the glass phlange
the breast pump had. I freaked, ran inside to get my old ElPuko, & sure
enough, they had the same patent #!

I always wondered who designed the Loyd-B--it was so awkward to use;
now, I believe it was actually ORIGINALLY designed for windshield
repair. Anybody know the whole story?

Carol in St. Louis
who never throws anything away, even 18+ year old breastpumps!