Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:55:51 -0500
Motherhood Maternity, as well as all of the other subsidiaries of
Mothers Work, has always sold all their customer info to Experion, the
main supplier of names to formula manufacturers.  As of a year or so
ago, Mothers Work entered into a contract with Mead Johnson to do
promotion for Similac and other related products in all their stores as
well as supply customer info. This means Mothers Work *and* its owned
companies: Motherhood Maternity, Pea in a Pod, and a few others.

I recall a letter writing campaign that was greeted with a shrug.

My long-standing hard learned advice is never provide your name and addy
to anyone unless you want junk mail.  If you are giving it to any place
related to babies, you are sure to get on a formula company list.

Jake, LLLL in PA, IBCLC2B

--
Jake Marcus Cipolla: freelance writer & editor; homeschooling
work-at-home mom to Luca (7/94), Nicholas (5/97), & Aidan (3/00).