From:
Carol Chamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 07:46:40 EDT
I have a question....I searched the archives and only found the same question
posed back in Aug. 2000, but no response.  Further discussion on cocoa butter
in general seemed to appear as though it is more highly likely for an
allergic reaction (less pure) than the use of Lanolin.  We had a mom
yesterday who brought Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (ingredients: Pro Vit B5,
Petrolatum, Panthenol) with her to use on sore nipples.  The tube read that
it is safe to use and doesn't have to be wiped off prior to breastfeeding.
But, the other LC and I decided to give the mom Lanolin anyways until we
could look-up her product.  Has anyone else used this product or heard of its
safe/unsafe use?
Thanks!
Carol Chamblin, RN, MS, IBCLC