From:
Ellen McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 16:04:21 +0930
Hello, This is my first message to lactnet since I subscribed a few days
ago. What an interesting world we have here. I'm from South Australia. Have
been an LC for several years both in pp and as a lactation educator as well
as a lecturer in applied science for nurses. I'm also project officer for 3
breastfeeding support services based from general practitioner practices -
we are very fortunate in SA that there are approx 15 GP/LCs who are all very
active in the field. I've found it great seeing familiar names such as
Kathleen, Patricia, Beverley, Jan etc, etc as well as my Australian colleagues.

Regarding a correspondance b/f course - you may be interested in an
international one based in Australia. Registrations are accepted anytime in
1996 and you have 7 months to complete the course at which you will receive
a Certificate of Participation stating CEUs or CERPs (it has been accredited
with 30 CEUs or 30 CERPs). Cost $AUS400. The package includes a study guide,
workshop notes, MCQs, case studies etc, etc. Written work is reviewed by
IBCLCs. Just let me know if you want more information.