Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:18:15 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Jaye,  1)Why would she take Iron if her levels are WNL, excess Iron can cause Health problems. 2) Since ILCA and talking to others and exhibitors, I would have her try Go Lacta or Milk Maker Cookies ( or have her eat oatmeal every day with Nutritional Yeast and Flax in it) or More Milk Plus, but she doesn't need to be on all of these things together, pick one and stick to it. 3) Are you having her do Hands On Pumping? Jane Morton's talk really inspired me and changed my practice, both with Term and NICU Babes. I tell the mom just how important the first 3 days are for priming the pump so to speak and establishing a full milk supply later, unfortunately she missed the first 2 days which seems so common and standard, and I think we need to fix this to fix the  Milk Supply issues we see so commonly. In her talk Jane mentioned that in her study the women who did 6 hand expressions per day for the first 3 days had 45% more milk weeks down the road. And also in the DVD you see a NICU mom who did electric pump, 2 bottles 1/2 ful, then she did hand expression or combo of compression while pumping and got an adiitional 2 bottles full of milk out, pretty Impressive IMHO. Lisa Mooney CNM MSN IBCLC 		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2