From:
"Lisa A. Enger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:12:43 EST
We also use the specimen containers in our level 3 NICU. They are easy for
moms to get from us, they stack easily in our freezer, labels are on the
containers and don't have to be searched for. Many of the hospitals in our
area also use them so it's a little bit of consistency. As LC's we developed
labels that once the milk is  defrosted goes on the containers to specify
fresh/frozen and when it outdates. The labels also have an area that specifies
if anything has been added and how many calories it provides. Makes it easier
to know what you have.
On this subject. How many hospitals use tamper resistant tape to seal the
bottles as moms bring them to the hospital? We are having a heated debate on
this and it would be interesting for us to find out what is happening
elsewhere. You can e-mail directly or to the list. Thanks.
Lisa RN, BSN, IBCLC
Boston