Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:44:01 -0500
I must say, I don't know anything about this.  But if it were me, I
wouldn't let anyone near me with a knife to take out my ovaries, on
the basis of a nonmalignant tumour in my mother and malignant ones in
my aunt.  At the age of 40 to go into premature menopause?  Who needs
it?

Any proof that ovarian cancer is hereditary?  This is a question, but
that should be the first thing this mother should ask.  The next
question, is how good is the proof?

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC