From:
Belinda Bohnert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:37:45 EST
Does anyone have any thoughts about this?  She is a 42 year old mom with one
child (a 2 year old).  She despirately wants another before much longer.

endocrinologist yesterday, and he was quite adamant about my weaning
XXXXXX.  He feels that I may be doing myself long term harm if I don't
start taking Parlodel again and have periods.  He feels that my lack of
periods (caused by elevated prolactin) is indicative of a lowered estrogen
levels, which may be causing problems with bone loss.  He doesn't feel that
I'm in a crisis over this, as my prolactin levels are elevated but not out
of control (between 70 and 80 after not nursing all day), and I must be
producing some estrogen or I wouldn't be producing breast milk.  He won't
put me back on Parlodel (which will lower the prolactin levels) until I
wean XXXXXX because of unknown risk factors if the drug is in my blood
stream.  BTW, I was on Parlodel when I got pg, and won't be able to get pg
again until I go back on it and start having periods.   I'm scheduling an
MRI for later this month to ensure that I haven't developed any adenomas on
my pituitary - information I want to be sure of before I get pg again.

I'm not ready to wean.  XXXXXX's not ready to wean.  I'm quite depressed
about this.

So, here's where I'm grasping at straws:  it occurred to me that if my
estrogen levels were higher, then I'd get a period, and this would all be
nicely solved.  Okay, let me have my fantasy.  My question is:  does anyone
know of any herbs that might stimulate estrogen production?

In the mean time, I guess I'll be sleeping in the guest room - XXXXXX is a
voracious night nurser.  I am so depressed.>>>>>>>>>.

Thanks for your input
Belinda Bohnert
Nursing Matters
Breastpump Sales & Rental