From:
Tina Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:50:48 -0400
I'm working with a mom via email who is a friend of my sister We are a
couple of time zones away from each other. Baby is fussy at breast and not
gaining weight. I suggested she find an LC near her to evaluate the baby
for tongue-tie. The LC she saw (not sure if it was an IBCLC or CLC or other
credential) - according to her- didn't do much except sell her some herbal
tea to increase her milk supply.  She also went to see a chiro who adjusted
for "low palate and shallow gag reflex" but who said baby was not TT.   I'm
working with her to get a complete history to see what else could be the
problem and getting the baby's weight up.  Since I can't see her in person,
I can't do an oral exam on the baby.  I would like to send her to another
LC or pedi or other person who would be able to do this evaluation.  If we
can find a good LC, I don't have a problem with her switching to that
person from my care.  Would anyone be able to recommend a seasoned LC, pedi
or other professional in the Denver area who would be experienced in
posterior TT?

Thank you,

Tina Carlson, IBCLC
Mother's Room