From:
Valerie Mcclain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 07:24:30 -0700
Theresa, you have some valid points.  I think you misread me because I
was talking about myself and our  profession in general.  I wonder about
my own knowledge.  How do I believe what I believe about pumps, etc.?  I
had a bamboo curtain on a window once.  I believed that at night you
couldn't see into the house because I couldn't see out.  Finally,
someone more astute than me and knowing that I had to be shown, grabbed
me and took me outside to look at that window in the dark outside.  Lo
and behold, if the light was on, you could see everything in that room.
I was shocked.  I can't speak for other LCs and their practices but I
have come to a point in my life where I question what I truly know for
myself and what is something I heard or read.  Valerie W. McClain,
IBCLC