Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:16:37 -0500
From my husband, on the benefits of putting your children in an orphanage:

You have more time for your husband,
Travel is simplified,
Expenses are greatly reduced,
You don't have to baby-proof,
You get more rest...

Someone on this list asks her classes to list benefits of bottle-feeding,
then points out that there isn't a *single one* that benefits the baby.  The
only things the baby gets are lower IQ, poorer vision, an impaired immune
system, greater rates of illness now and in the future...

But I don't suppose your facility wants to point any of that out.  Sigh.
But what about asking the proponents of the handout what the benefits to the
baby are, and asking if there shouldn't be, for legal protection, a caution
on the handout that the trade-off for all these short-term benefits is
demonstrably poorer health in the recipient, now and in the future?

--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com