Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:34:19 EST
     Nettle,skullcap,motherwort,oatstraw and alfalfa are nourishing as well as
nerve-soothing herbs...definitley good for milk production and extra
vitamins...it is important that they are coming from a reliable source(local,
organic)... I hesitate to use so many different herbs at one time but these
are good ones anyway....
      I also wanted to add to the breastfeeding/autism theme...As an
apprentice midwife I attended a birth(was meant to be a homebirth) where the
mother ended up having to get a c-section. Her 4-yr.old  autistic son (whose
autism symptoms began at the same time he was vaccinated) had never been apart
from her and was still nursing. He was hysterical crying..we could not comfort
him until I offered him to nurse(I still had a little bit in there!) That was
the only way to calm him. His affection for his mother is obvious even though
it is in a distant way and I'm sure it is from breastfeeding. I couldn't think
of a better link to the world for an autistic child than to nurse......!
       Cari(New Paltz,NY)