From:
Katie Mcgee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:37:28 -0400
Are there any RNs out there working independently as a "lactation
educator" or "breastfeeding coach" who are doing fee for visits?  If you
don't mind emailing me....how successful is that? You can take a class to
be called almost anything....it is hard to know what is looked upon
favorably by the general public, and other professionals in the field of
lactation.  What type of  title, advertising, fees, insurance is needed?
I am trying to find a niche to work/ get paid in the field while gaining
hours for the exam.  I get a lot of requests for  bf advice without even
trying.   I am not interested in returning to hospital work...want to do
home visits.  I love all the info on this message board!  Thanks in
advance for your help.

Katie M.
mom of 5 breastfed babies,  pediatric RN, LLLL