From:
Nicole Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:40:10 -0400
My son, now 8 months old, was born with a tongue tie.  We had problems
nursing (extreme pain, poor latch, gumming the nipple). No doctor, of any
specialty, in my area would even look at his tongue!

I searched online for 3 days until I found Dr. Palmer's website.  I
immediately printed out the articles and pictures and gave them to our
family practitioner. They wanted to refer me to an ENT out of town that
didn't have any openings for 4 weeks. My son was not transfering milk so I
begged them to please clip his tongue in the clinic because I did not want
to give him a bottle.  I had to sign some waivers, but the doctor finally
agreed that "since they do circumcsions in clinic" this shouldn't be a
problem.  Of course it took only 3 mintues, there was no bleeding, and
nursing was wonderful from then on!

I totally felt the desperation of the mother recently posted about on
lacnet.  I commend the LC who has helped her so much!

What I recommend is to download the 2 presentations on frenums that are on
Dr.Palmer's website onto CDs and give to interested MDs and oral surgeons.
Download is free so only cost would be the cost of CD. I can't tell you how
valuable these were to me in my situation.

I don't have any connections with Dr. Palmer.

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/

Nicole Hoff
BF Peer Counselor
South Texas
 ...Now if only I could get someone to look at his tight upper labial
frenulum!