From:
Darlene A Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:28:33 EDT
You are in good company.  I have a lot of problems in our NICU.
Attitudes of all the HCPs.   You never know what the problem is.  Is it
the patient, the HCP or a combination.  Be aware that most of these
things blow over.  Keep on "pushing" and know that we're all with you.  I
always feel upset when I am accused of pushing breastfeeding.  We are all
advocating for the infant, who doesn't have a chance to say what they
want.

Try not to be too discouraged and know that we are all with you.  It's a
hard place to be, but someone has got to do it.  How else will we be able
to get these babies the BEST.  I am always thankful that at least the
mother is using EBM and not that other stuff.  It's too bad that someone
has decided that you shouldn't be talking to the woman at all.  You would
at least be able to comment on her using breast milk and congratulate her
for that decision.

Darlene Breed, RN, BSN, IBCLC