From:
Ann Calandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:45:18 -0500
Today the pre-JCAHO inspector came to our hospital to point out areas that
we need to get into shape before our inspection next year.  I met her and
she said to me,  Do you give out formula packs?  I told her I didn't, but
the hospital does.  She said if we continue to do this we will need to
record each can or bottle of milk as to lot number and keep the record, in
case of a recall down the road. She said there are many many recalls on
formula.  We would need to know who the formula went to and so that we could
call them and get it back.  We are liable for this. JCAHO will be looking to
be sure we are keeping records. So, the manager immediately said, we could
just take the formula out and not have to worry about it..........
I like that idea a lot.

Ann Calandro,RNC,IBCLC