From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:07:56 EST
In a message dated 3/11/99 8:12:05 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Mom is 44 years old, and is pumping, with a good
 supply. SHe is breastfeeding, but is being told to supplement after feedings
 with formula, because her physician feels that her milk, at age 44, is not
 nutritionally complete or adequate. >>
Have they actually tried exclusive nursing and found babies were not growing
adequately? This would be the only real way to know I would think. A few days
of nursing, and if needed, EBM supplements, and they would have a reality-
based answer...If mom is able to conceive and carry twins at 44 why be unable
to nurse them? I don't understand that kind of illogic.
Judy Fram, Brooklyn, NY, just musing...