From:
"Parriott, Tess" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:31:38 -0500
We would like to share our WBW activities with our global friends, but first
a little background info.  We began our positions 2 1/2 yrs. ago just as our
two hospitals were physically merging.  Until then there we worked in our
respective OB units and asked to help if there was a lactation issue.
Needless to say our Lacation positions and program has blossomed. Our latest
endeavor was to have breast pumps accessible to patients prior to discharge.
With the help of an eager gift shop worker, the "Breastfeeding Corner"  was
born.  They now carry a full line of pumps for rental and purchase, pillows,
slings, books, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.  To make everyone aware of
the new line, we chose to have our WBW display in front of the gift shop
including them.  Everyone was invited to gather informational handouts,
browse or purchase gift shop items, and enter our drawing for 1 month free
pump rental,  personal pumping systems, books, a massage, beenie babies,
etc.( all donated for WBW)  We made up the bookmarks and table tents
provided by ILCA and placed those in our cafeteria.  And we began a new
tradition.  It was our 1st annual "Lactation Consultant Recognition and
Appreciation Day" celebrated on Aug. 2.  We invite you to join us in this
annual event and share your WBW activities.
Tess Parriott  RN, IBCLC
Donna Slovinsky  RN, IBCLC
Lactation Consultants
Nebraska Health System
987540 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE  68198-7540
office(402) 552-3487
fax(402)552-3042

NHS E-Mail Confidentiality Disclaimer:
The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential and
is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) indicated above.  Use or
disclosure of information e-mailed in error is respectfully prohibited.  If
you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
immediately delete the original message.  Thank you.