From:
Dawn Lanser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:22:35 EST
Hello-

I have a Mom of 2, breastfeeding her 7 month old.  Within the last month, she
has developed reflux.  He pediatrician has recommend thick feeding with a
bottle from formula or her expressed milk.  When asked if she should continue
to BF, the dr. stated it was her choice...The only thing after a 1/2 hour
consultation was the baby got a new blanket for Christmas.  There have been
no dietary changes on mom's part.  Baby is eating veggies from a jar 1-2
times a day.  We talked about sitting baby up after eating a normal reflux
procedures.  Why would a baby start this at 6 months?  Is content and not
fussy.  No change in demeanor since this has started.   Any suggestions?

Warmly, Dawn Lanser, RN, BSN, LCCE, IBCLC
South Bend, IN
The snow is melting today...