From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:32:47 -0500
Hi Cindy. Thank you for your note.  The things I have learned in the past
several years are that I can learn a lot more if I do not personalize a
given discussion. Since I have personalized discussions many times, I keep
having the opportunity to try NOT to do this... : ) I'm still working on
it, and I urge you to consider this as well as you read our notes and
follow the threads of this list. Our list is made up of many breastfeeding
advocates and professionals. We all come to the discussions with a variety
of backgrounds and history. I was formula fed. It does not make me feel
turned off to know that I could have been smarter, have less chance of
cancers, etc, if my mom had breastfed me. It is just fact.  The fact that
you are healthy is good.  It does not negate the fact that breastfeed
babies are healthier, as a general rule, when comparing populations, than
non breastfed babies, or as my good friend Diane Wiessinger says, formula
fed babies have greater chance of illness.  It is all in the way we say
things, phrase things, etc. Some phraseology carries more weight , that's
all....

Thanks for considering my suggestions.

Kathleen : )

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html