From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:03:12 EST
Elizabeth,

I know someone has already mentioned sage to decrease milk supply, but I thought
I'd pass this along.  Recently talked to a mother of 8-month-old twins who was
wanting to wean.  They were quite premature and she never got them to breast
(saw once for a consult and I'm sure they would have with very little work but
the pumping was easy for her so she elected to continue).  She had enough milk
in her freezer to get the babies to at least one year and was having a lot of
trouble weaning off the pump.  I told her about sage and she came up with a
recipe that she said really worked great--I don't have proportions, however.
She put rubbed sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a "Tang-like" orange drink mix in a
coffee filter and brewed it like drip coffee.  She said she drank a couple of
cups at night, it tasted fine, and within a few days she was comfortable.

Becky Krumwide, RN, IBCLC