From:
Carolyn Westcott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:43:11 +0000
The RCT that I and 2 colleagues did on tongue-tie relating to infant
feeding showed that it is the function, not the appearance, that was
important.
Some babies with 100% ties i.e. right to the tip fed with no problems,
others with 25% did not. Also the symptoms varied from dyad to dyad,
some had every symptom you could think of, others had just one.

Having seen many, many babies with tongue-tie, and snipped over 2000
myself I agree with Winnie. In-depth observation is the key.

Regards,
Carolyn
--
Carolyn Westcott RN IBCLC Southampton UK
mailto:[log in to unmask]