From:
Anne Eglash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 18:23:04 -0500
Hi Lisa, ...to update others re the vasospasm issue, I have one mom who was
not responding well to nifedipine extended release , 60mg ; I was having
her take it at nite, though it is extended release and lasts 12-24 hours.
She wasn't getting better, and then I realized she needs to take it in the
am, and she is doing much better. The rheumatologist has even found that
with his Raynaud's patients they sometimes need to take the extended
release nifedipine 2-3 times a day...actually I have noticed some
cardiologists doing this too for hypertensives. I have discussed nipple
vasospasm with 2 rheumatologists recently, and both have been in practice
for several years, neither were familiar with this phenomenon of the
nipples, though they both agreed it made sense with the symptoms described!
They both also say that they know of no other allopathic meds that work
well for Raynauds, and a good peripheral vasodilator is greatly needed in
their field.-Anne Eglash MD