Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:10:43 -0600
>Nowodays all decisions regarding families that are investigated
>by the CPS should be done by a judge that is specialized in it.

Here in lies the problem, CPS has about the same policing powers as the IRS
and the ATF in the US.  All someone has to do is make a report against you,
even if it isn't true CPS can take your children and ask questions later.
Most people don't realize this.  I have seen it before.  Usually CPS calls
first to tell parents they are on their way.  My suggestion when this
happens is to surround yourself with others that are like minded, for
instance, if someone turns you in for your extended nursing practices, then
invite over other friends that also practice EN.  This will go a long way to
educating CPS AND will keep moms from feeling nervous because they are there
alone.  You can ask CPS to leave, but often times it's better to let them
in, show them around and let them see that you have happy healthy kids than
it is to fight from the start.  If they persist then fight.  My point just
is that while this agency does have it's place in cases of abuse and
neglect, many times they get over zealous in what they feel is right.

Now I don't agree with Kathy's statement in case #3 that because these
people are representative of the state then they should have this power.
Many people in the general population don't realize the kind of policing
power that CPS has.

Melisa (who lives in a state where 30 children are about to become wards of
the state because of choices their parents made.  Polygamy.  These moms are
attentive, they are nurturing and they extended nurse. But the state is more
interested in the fact that the husband is married to one and lives with 5
women.  Oh how it is to live in the land of the free.  Ok, I'll stop
spewing.)
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and