From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:22:04 -0400
First the hit :)
I received a reply to my letter from the reporter who wrote that nice
article about the importance of BF - NOT a form letter!

Banning, Susan
	>Norma, thank you so much for the kind words. I freely admit I am
biased toward breastfeeding, as I am currently nursing my third child.
I know what you say about the little "disclaimers" we see everywhere;
I deliberately left any of those out.
I wish every community had a Carol Pennell ... Mead-Johnson and the
rest would be in deep trouble if they did.
Thanks again for taking the time to write. <

And now the miss :(
My daughter, Abby, wrote  to me from Albany, NY:

>I saw a very disturbing commercial last night from Blue Cross Blue
Shield.  They've been running a series of ads featuring a blue arm and
hand which reaches into the frame and provides a "fix" for your
health.

For example, there's a huge bill board on 890 with the words "Meet
your new workout partner."  It features that blue arm pushing the
buttons on the treadmill for you.  They're clearly trying to promote a
healthy lifestyle.

Last night it was a TV ad featuring a dad with a fussy baby.  He's in
front of the stove, warming a bottle.  Just before he puts the bottle
into the baby's mouth, the blue arm appears to correct his behavior.
It offers its WRIST to test the temperature.  Dad complies.  And then
gives the bottle to the baby which promptly hushes. It ends with some
sort of tagline for Blue Cross Blue Shield. <

I guess THAT commercial speaks for itself!

norma