From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:18:11 -0600
>  Once again though... has anyone had good luck with this?

Second hand:

This was discussed at some length on the POFAK (parents of food allergic
kids) email list, among moms of kids with severe and multiple food
allergies.  The consensus was that maybe it helped some, but the moms
who really couldn't eliminate *everything* ended up on elemental
formulas.  I corresponded with a couple mothers who would have to rotate
between say, pork/millet and lamb/quinoa every couple days, to the point
that their own nutrition was compromised.  One tried drinking just
elecare herself, and that still didn't work.

My hypothesis would be that it might be effective for kids with a less
severe allergy, but for really severe reactions, enzymes just didn't
make enough difference.

Lynn
mom to a boy with multiple food allergies and celiac
WIC peer support group