From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 20:11:30 -0400
Hi All,
Well, I had a real surprise last night!  My DH and I went out with the boys
to buy a new car.  Making a LONG story short, we got a really great deal and
bought a really great car!  The surprise was in talking with the salesmen and
the finance guy.
The first salesman, Kenny, asked what I did for a living.  I told him and he
proudly announced that his wife BF all 3 of their kids, with never a bottle
or pacifier, all kids allowed to wean on their own!  The next salesman, Eric,
older guy (with grandkids now) proudly told us that all of his kids were also
BF, no bottles etc!!  Then the finance guy, after finding out what I did for
a living, also proudly told us that all 5 of his kids had been BF, with the
youngest (15 mo) still BF, and all kids were allowed to wean on their own!!
 The finance guy told us that his Ped wanted his wife to stop BF and start
giving their 15 mo old more soilds because the toddler hadn't gained much
wieght since the last well baby visit.  (He BF several times a day and eats
like a horse according to dad!)  Well, the baby only weighs 35 lbs!!!  The Dr
told his wife she was starving the baby by BF, and that she couldn't possibly
have enough milk for him!!!  Well, I corrected that bit of misinformation,
and the finance guy said that they were getting a diff Ped anyway. :)
Anyway, I was just so surprised to have theses guys telling us how they were
the proud fathers of a total of 10 exclusively BF kids, and how supportive
they were of BF!  I had to BF Ben while we were there, and they couldn't have
cared less!  It was really great.  All this at a car dealership!
Wow, what a night that was!
Take care all,
Jay

Any info yet on the lead thing???