Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 01:25:33 -0700
I feel like this is such a huge issue. If politicians and law makers knew
that there IS indeed a difference between pumping and feeding breastmilk
versus breastfeedingn in terms of health benefits for all involved, perhaps
there might be more laws, more health insurance rules and allowances for
breastfeeding anyplace anytime anywhere for a much more lengthy period of
time. Or not.

Here in the USA, it is hard enough getting mothers to breastfeed their
babies for 4 months without pediatricians recommending solids!

There needs to be discourse with the public about what breastfeeding...the
actual act...is and what it does. Somewhere it has been distorted.  I am
not sure if a scientific approach is needed, an emotional appeal, or what.
I shake my head all the time at how maternity leave is a mere 6 weeks for
some, unpaid, and in other countries is 6 months!

I myself am very interested now in the differences between breastmilk
feeding and breastfeeding. If anyone can send me links privately, I would
love to read about them. I am not coming up with much. All I see is bottle
feeding formula versus bottle feeding breastmilk or bottle feeding formula
versus breastfeeding.

Thanks,
Amberly