From:
Ilene Roizman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:24:11 -0400
As an LLL leader, student midwife, medical transcriptionist, and Lactnet
lurker, I want to commend Lawrence Gartner for confidently "stepping up to
the plate," as a Lacnetter so aptly put it in her challenge earlier. His
letter is straightforward, to the point, and well stated.

As a professional editor/writer, I would like to suggest changing two
sentences slightly to make them a little less cumbersome, more direct, and
stated in the positive:

"Please consider the value of human milk and breastfeeding as an important
component of this care of  young children and their mothers. Human milk is a
valuable resource that can protect the vulnerable infant from disease, and
can promote psychological
health and comfort during stressful times."

I'm especially moved by the letter's call to action at the end, and I
sincerely hope it will be answered.

Ilene Roizman
Amherst, MA