From:
Martha Schatzle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:20:57 EDT
I have a question for this illustrious group. A relative of mine recently
sent me some information on a product called "4Life Transfer Factor Plus"
that claims to be a "scientifically advanced immune system support" that is
derived from cow colostrum. It also claims to carry the information for
combating pathogens that cows are exposed to and transfer it to the person
swallowing the pill. My first instinct is to wonder if this product is for
real. If it is, why haven't we heard about it on the news?

More importantly, what might this imply for the formula manufacturers. If
such a substance existed (IF IT DOES), would they not be the first to add it
to their recipe and call it "the most important immunological advance in baby
formula ever"? As usual, their literature uses medical professional
testimonial to provide credibility (oncologist, immunologist, pediatrician
and internist). The pediatrician states "We have give 4Life Tranfer Factor to
children as young as 3 weeks old...So far, we have been absolutely blown away
by the results!"

It also states that, as an extract, it is not species-specific and won't
cause allergic reations of any kind.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Martha Schatzle
Palos Verdes, CA