Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:34:04 EDT
Well said Teresa.  It has brought several issues to the attention of  the
media, public and AAP.

Dr. Gordon and I might not always agree on everything, but his heart is
huge and wit unmatched!  Dr. Dettwyler has added much to the breastfeeding
knowledge base.  I respect you both.  We all tend to believe research  that
supports our views and find fault with research that does not- that is  human
nature.  We all must recognize that fact when we are looking at  research -
none of which is perfect.

Perhaps an April Fool's press release from the AAP, without any specific
person's name on it, would have been more palatable to some.

Nancy
Nancy E. Wight MD, IBCLC, FABM,  FAAP
Neonatologist
San Diego, CA

In a message dated 4/20/2009 2:03:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,