From:
Kathy Parkes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:22:22 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2000 10:17:25 AM Central Standard Time, Patricia
writes:

<< What the paper said was that the child was NOT removed because
 he was nursing at 6, he was removed because mother was insisting on his
 nursing and he indicated that he no longer wanted to. The judge was clear in
 stating that the extended nursing was not the issue. the issue in quesition
 was if this was under pressure from mom or the boys
 desire.

   And undoubtedly there is a lot that we don't know. >>

I think you're right, Patricia.  According to Good Morning America this
morning, the judge has issued a gag order on this case, which has been
ongoing since September.  I'm wondering what other issues are taking place
here, that we're not privy to.

Kathy Parkes, RN, IBCLC
The Lactation Connection (TLC), Inc.
www.tlc4moms.com