Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:50:18 -0500
I think we all need another postive story.  Here's what's happened so far...

About six months ago I had a call from a pregnant woman who the lives,
literally, around the corner from me.  She was pregnant with twins and
wanted info on breastfeeding.  I decided to bop around the corner and had
deliver stuff to her.  Turns out she just quit her job as a nurse.  She had
a good time venting to me about the lack of breastfeeding among nurses and
the fact they thought she was crazy for even thinking of breastfeeding
twins.  She was also a regular attendee at our local La Leche League
meetings.

Fast foward to Thursday (10/22).  She saw me heading home from picking my
daughter up from nursery school (also around the corner).  She had had a
boy and girl, by c-section (unplanned), about a week ago.  They were full
term and weighed about 6 lbs. each.  She was breastfeeding the boy while I
was talking to her.  Breastfeeding has started off well for both babies
(yeah!!!!).  I guess she was quite a squeaky wheel about rooming in,
putting babies to breast ASAP, no pacifiers or bottles, etc.  She got what
she wanted (unusual, especially for the hospital she had her babies in).

Anyway, I'm so excited that I'm not really needed right now!  And, she's
going to try to make the next La Leche League meeting (11/19) to show off
her twins!

Alicia, LLLL in the Bluegrass (Lexington, KY)
aka Post Poster and AS for Kentucky
and academic nomad
mailto:[log in to unmask]