From:
vicki hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:18:39 +0200
hello, I'm looking for recommendation of bf-friendly ob/ gyn and/or
reproductive endocrinologist in the Jacksonville florida area.

40 year old friend is nursing a one year old at naptime and bedtimes, hasn't
resumed her menses. at annual checkup current doc asked what she wanted to
use for contraception, she responded "nothing, we're hoping to get pregnant
again" and doc told her she must quit bf and that "since she's 42 she might
want to start thinking about using donor eggs." from her email tom me: "WTH?
I just turned 40 in July - he said, "You don't have much time." So, I'm
supposed to stop doing what is good for my current child in the hopes of
getting pregnant with another one? SIGH....I left the office feeling quite
sad/angry/bewildered."

first pregnancy, doc put her on metformin to speed up her ovulation while
her husband was deployed and when he returned they conceived naturally
without trouble.

she'd appreciate names of providers in case she does eventually need
assistance but in the meantime at a LLL meeting last month (about conceiving
while breastfeeding), the leader gave her name of someone who does natural
family planning.

please email me privately,

thanks

vicki hayes mom of 3 boys, RN IBCLC, chipiona spain