Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:56:04 -0400
Today, I was talking with my 15 yr old daughter--I had just been on the phone
talking with a mom about breastfeeding. I conveyed my sense of frustration
at the reasons women don't bf. I must have gone on too long, b/c she
stopped me and said, "Mom, don't worry about me. I don't ever even think
about this stuff--homebirth, breastfeeding, all of it, b/c it's just so
normal to me. It's just life."

?

Lee wrote:
Karleen - Your whole post made me think of some La Leche League (LLL)
meetings we had this year.  The daughter of a former participant came to
meetings when she had HER children.  How cool is that?  At one point she
offered to be a hostess for the next series (4 monthly meetings).  At the
end of the series, she offered to host another series and I jumped to
accept.  It was at that second series that I learned she had a very positive
ulterior motive; she wanted her 13-year-old daughter to attend.  The
daughter fit right in and asked fabulous questions, some of which showed
that she had heard some of the myths our society passes around.  She was
open to hearing the opposite point of view and learned a lot.  The other
nice thing was that her grandmother, who had attended our meetings about 30
years ago, was the owner of the house.  There were three generations living
together in a house brimming not only with breastfeeding but parenting a la
LLL.  The grandparents loved having a house full of breastfeeding children,
ranging in age from one week to six years.  The teenager was one lucky girl;
she saw a lot of normal breastfeeding and no concern about breasts shown for
their functional purpose.  I think she will be prepared for the future just
as you advocate.  What a smart mother she has; but then, the mom was
breastfed for years.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC