From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:25:42 -0500
My first impression is that both the mother and infant are somewhat
traumatized by the birth. Add to that the somewhat unnatural positioning
that is required. Therefore, I would focus on finding some way to resolve
the trauma, including just good ole listening to mom tell her story and
grieve, CST, chiropractic, or herbal, homeopathy, or acupuncture -- whatever
mom would be comfortable with -- for both mom and baby. Also brainstorming
over various positions that might be more comfortable to both and continuing
to use various measures that give pain relief. Running a close second to
this would be low milk supply correction, because, in my experience, when
breastfeeding is problematic in the first week or so, milk supply can set
itself very low.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA