From:
Margery Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:01:33 -0400
Hi everybody!
        I just received a phone call from a nice woman named Stacy.  She
is the head of customer service for Sears Portrait Studios.  She assured
me that it is the policy of S.P.S. to allow breastfeeding wherever and
whenever it occurs.  She did mention the private room, but stated that
employees were NOT to approach nursing mothers. Instead, if a mom were to
ask, the room could be offered.
        Stacy also mentioned that the employee in question had been
disciplined for their actions.
        Stacy apparantly has been saddled with damage control by Sears.
She told me that she is personally returning phone calls and e-mails to
each and every one who has contacted the company.  She is also posting
notes on various bulliten boards throught cyberspace.

        I think that we have shaken up Sears.
        Good for us!

Margie Forrest, LLLL, RN, BSN, IBCLC, in WPB, FL