From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:44:57 -0500
Dear Anne,

Problems with bf just prior to or during menses is a widely reported
phenomenon - doesn't happen always, but most of us have seen it in some
of our clients.  Moms will experience a temporary drop in supply and/or
report a change in the flavor of the milk - one of my moms said it was a
little salty, another said it just tasted funny.  Several LCs have
reported an alleviation of these symptoms when moms take a Ca/Mg
supplement (500mg/250mg) starting at mid-cycle through the next menses,
from about Day 14 to about Day 2-4.  There should be several posts about
this in the archives.

Sharon Knorr, BSMT, LLLL, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant Services
Rochester, New York
mailto:[log in to unmask]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]