From:
Jeanne Badman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:10:46 -0600
Greetings,

I've been attending a Stan Brakhage retrospective in Minneapolis this
month.  He is a prominent avant-grade filmmaker.  He has made several
breastfeeding friendly short films.  The most important one is "Window
Water Baby Moving," a birth film made in 1959.  It features a birth and
depicts images which suggest the baby at the breast immediately after birth
(after some brief suctioning, oh well).

Another is "Dog Star Man" from 1963. This is a long, silent film which
includes brief images of the lactating breasts of the filmmaker's wife,
Jane Brakhage.

This may seem off-topic, so my apologies.  I have always been inspired by
these works, and just felt that of all people, Lactnetters would understand.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Badman, IBCLC, St. Paul, MN, USA
[log in to unmask]            *NrrdGrrl*
http://www.visi.com/~artmama