From:
Garry Dormody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 23:20:02 -0700
Hello to all,
You may remember my post a while back about the mom with the dimpled nipple.
This is the mom who said that she would definitely nurse past 11 months if she
could get the baby to use both breasts. Well, the baby eventually learned
(tincture of time) how to bring the nipple out and feed well from same.
Unfortunately, mom developed a sore nipple and baby developed a sore spot on
her upper gum(?abrasion). Of course, she did not call me to tell me either of
these things and she tried to solve it on her own by not nursing the baby on
this breast. So, now there is (mom says no milk)a ? minute amount of milk and
the breast has returned to its pre-pregnant size while the other breast is
larger. Here's the question: along with putting the baby back to that breast
(which mom has been doing for several days now) should she try something like
fenugreek to aid in increasing supply? Would using something like this create
an overabundance in the breast mom has been using all along?
Thanks for your thoughts on this matter.

Nola Moulton RN BN IBCLC
Yellowknife, Canada
(where Spring is slowly coming with temperatures at 32.F today)

--

-