From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:25:38 -0500
I too, worked as a hospital LC (but it's been several years;) we had 200-250
births/month with 3 full-time RN, IBCLC's and one PT person.  BTW in the
last few years they have gone to working 5days/wk and an  8-4 shift with
call on weekends and holidays. We saw every single mom and attempted phone
f/u.  We did give many hand-outs in a special book and of course, had
numbers for them to call.  When I called to f/u IF they answered the phone
they had "no idea" where their paperwork was and didn't remember anything
said.

Of course, that's a normal PP mom; they are NOT in the "taking in" phase of
their PP learning.

Good luck to all.

Royce

What you permit, you promote