From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 00:11:33 -0400
Carolyn:  I read this study in detail at the time, in fact I sent a
letter about it which was published in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vol 85,
No. 4, April 1995, p. 641.  I don't have a copy of the original article
at hand, but as I recall, the parameters of mood and sexuality which were
measured only improved initially, returning to baseline within 4 to 8
weeks.  I wondered what the benefit of such a temporary improvement might
be and expressed  my concern that physicians who only read the abstract
might conclude that there was a significant improvement with weaning and
may recommend weaning to breastfeeding mothers  who complained of fatigue or
decreased sexual drive.  For the full details, I recommend reading the
Forster, et al article as well as my letter and the authors' response.
Alicia.  [log in to unmask]