From:
Judy Le Van Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:33:30 EST
In a message dated 10/30/2003 6:45:59 AM EST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Thus what we have is an amazing property in human milk being readily
 dismissed because of environmental issues.  It's an amazing society that
views infant  formula as the pure substance and human milk as a toxic waste dump
that oh by  the way kills cancer cells....rather amusing if it wasn't so
positively
 dreadful.  Is that because we can patent the elements and sell it to the
consumer? >>

Valerie,
Probably has to do with the business end of it, as well as the penchant for
taking the "easy, modern" way out.  If companies take the time to do this,
families can remain free from the burdens of mothering, breastfeeding, and
pumping...
sigh
Judy LeVan Fram, Brooklyn, USA