From:
KenShenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:25:29 PST
Dear Capri,

I was just wondering, ...If it is true about thumbsucking increasing oxytocin secondary to the
acupressure point on the palate and helping women in labor, then...
Would it help like oxytocin nasal spray when mom is having trouble with her MER(Milk ejection
reflex)?  Can we add this to our tool kit along with back rubs? ;-)  After all, if women in labor can do
it...Just a thought.  I am worried the mom's will look at me funny should I suggest such a thing, but
I'd be willing to try it if you or someone else could refer me to some reading on pressure points that
I could study first........at least then I might not sound totally off the wall!

Thanks to all of you who write in.  I am really enjoying the recent posts!
Natalie Shenk, BS IBCLC
Findlay, OH  USA