From:
Geraldine Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:01:41 +0100
I have two tongue tied children and about half a dozen nieces and nephews,
they have all been followed by our health system and have had referrals for
speech therapy.  Some have needed lots of therapy and others haven't so I
would think that each child is different.  Neither of mine were clipped at
birth and so I also "white knuckled" for a long time, DD was weaned at 10
weeks (for this and other reasons) but DS continued to feed for 12 months.

Neither of them required extensive speech therapy but they were "in the
system" so were followed for quite a long time.

The really really interesting thing about this is that the referral for
speech therapy happened automatically because of the tongue tie and yet for
weeks I was told that tongue tie had nothing to do with breastfeeding and
tongue function  AAARRGG.

Regards
Geraldine
Antenatal Teacher/Breastfeeding Counsellor-tutor
Cork