From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:52:18 EST
<<   I guess I am a
 little bit worried about the chance of viral/bacterial transmission.  I
 am not ignorant to the screening that is done, both to donors and milk,
 but can't help the way I feel >>

too bad her doctor didn't level with her about the risks of formula feeding.
odd that she doesn't worry about contamination, adulteration, etc., etc.,
with formula feeding. its a conspiracy of some kind "formula is okay, we use
it all the time, babies thrive on it, donor milk is suspicious and difficult
to manage, therefore we won't look closely at the risks of formula because we
might have to confront something we don't feel comfortable facing." and every
time we put formula or false nipples in a baby's mouth without truly
completely educating the parents, we are agreeing to the conspiracy.

carol brussel IBCLC