From:
Maureen Haley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:05:17 EST
Hi. I am NOT an LC yet, but i will be eventually :)    As a newborn
nursery/post partum nurse here is what I do with those bags. Our hospital
stocks nursing and not nursing bags, the only difference being the amount of
formula in the bag and the tag on the handle. I tell the breast feeding
families to take that formula right out of the bag and have dad or the mom in
law drop it in the food bank bucket tomorrow at the grocery store. I do this
as i am cutting the clip off the zipper and remove the formula from the bag
and hand it to the partner or whomever. I then mention some of the paperwork
that is also in there and seperate into a much shorter pile the things that I
would like them to read when they have a moment (ha ha )  and say that the
rest is basically advertisements, I havent yet started throwing the rest out
because of my own issues  (you dont throw out things that dont belong to you
Thanks a lot Mom! ) but i am pretty sure that i will be over that soon. :)
     hope i made a little sense while i rambled.

Maureen Haley Rn  ,hopefully an LC soon.

"There are two ways to live your life.
 One is as though nothing is a miracle.
 The other is as though everything is a miracle."
 Albert Einstein.